When it comes to legendary hip-hop music video directors, we all know the likes of Hype Williams, Director X and Benny Boom. One of the most underrated yet accomplished directors who doesn’t get enough credit is Eif Rivera. Click inside to check out a gallery of some of his most iconic music videos that you may or may not know that he directed.
Rivera got his start working for Loud Records to create the Air Pun logo and collaborating with Def Jam for Young Jeezy’s Snowman campaign. He even had a Bud Light commercial under his belt. Around the same time, he also worked on artwork for Terror Squad. This helped the industry notice his work, which led to the first video he ever shot (with Fat Joe). About a week after that, he was tapped to go work with Dr. Dre. That connection resulted in Rivera meeting Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson. It’s safe to say the rest was history.
50 Cent and Rivera have gone on to shoot over 45+ videos together. Although he has only been in the game since 2011, he has made his name as one of the most respected and requested directors in recent memory. In that relatively short amount of time, he has worked with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Diddy, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber and Cardi B just to name a few. The self-taught Bronx native has gained the respect of his hip-hop peers by amassing billions of views for his videos. He has continued to show his love for his craft by creating visionary videos that remind viewers of the golden age of directors.
Unsurprisingly, he didn’t just stop at making music videos. In 2020, he made his television directorial debut when the sixth episode of the first season of Starz’s Power Book II: Ghost entitled ‘Good vs. Evil’ aired. Since then, he’s directed episodes of the shows For Life, FBI and Chicago P.D. In just this year alone, he’s worked on Power Book III: Raising Kanan, Power Book IV: Force, BMF and Wu-Tang: An American Saga. For his work on For Life, he was nominated for an Emmy. There’s no doubt that he’s going to continue to push the envelope and deliver timeless work. For now, let’s give him his flowers for what he has already contributed to the culture.
Here’s a gallery of some of our favorite videos that Eif Rivera has directed!
Who Is Eif Rivera? The Culture’s Most Underrated Director
was originally published on
1. Pop Smoke ft. 50 Cent & Roddy Ricch – The Woo
2. Jack Harlow ft. DaBaby, Tory Lanez & Lil Wayne
3. Megan Thee Stallion – B.I.T.C.H.
Source:Megan Thee Stallion
4. Chief Keef ft. 50 Cent & Wiz Khalifa – Hate Bein’ Sober
5. DJ Khaled ft. Nipsey Tussle & John Legend – Higher
6. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie – Mood Swings
Source:A Boogie Wit da Hoodie
7. Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It
8. Gucci Mane ft. Migos – I Get The Bag
9. DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne – I’m The One
10. Lil Durk – Dis Ain’t What U Want
11. French Montana ft. Diddy, Red Cafe, MGK & King Los – Ocho Cinco
12. 50 Cent ft. Joe – Big Rich Town
13. Future – Tycoon
14. DJ Khaled ft. Cardi B & 21 Savage – Wish Wish
15. DJ Khaled ft. Meek Mill, J Balvin, Lil Baby & Jeremih – You Stay
16. Ty Dolla $ign – Nothing Like Your Exes
Source:Ty Dolla $ign
17. Gucci Mane & Nicki Minaj – Make Love
18. 50 Cent ft. Chris Brown – I’m The Man
19. DJ Khaled ft. Chris Brown, August Alsina & Fetty Wap
20. Future – Ridin Strikers